Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Paid Dues review/rant

On Saturday the 7th I attended the "Paid Dues" tour. I was really excited to finally see Rakim live in concert, I get to the venue only to find out he couldn't make it. Everyone I was rolling with was pissed but I knew there were some other acts I wanted to see. They refunded everyone $5 and I caught the show on the second act, it was "Soliloquists of Sound". It was a quartet 2 female singers/floacists, the MC and the DJ/Producer. The DJ was INSANE dude had so much energy and was very sick on the MPC, dude even played a solo with his nose!! Murs came out to host the whole event. The next act up was Kidz in the Hall they did a good job as well and played alot of tracks from "The In Crowd".Supernatural and Scrath went up next, they did some organic hip-hop, Scratch looped his own beatbox and Supernat just blacked out on everything. Next up was Buckshot, this is my 2nd time seeing him live in Miami. His set was DOPE he brought out 1/2 of Smiff -n- Wessun and went through some old and new stuff. I have heard of Blackalicious before but OMG these dudes sucked MAJOR ass, it seemed like their set would never end. It was one lame song after another a few people in the audience started to boo them (me included). Last but not least was Little Brother!!! I always been a big fan since "The Listening" so I was ready for something epic. They hit the stage and immediately had the crowd amped they did tracks froma variety of albums and mixtapes and Phonte could be a comedian dude is a fool lol! I really enjoyed the concert but on a side note....When you have some sort of celebrity and you are out of state on a show and a fan comes to give you dap becuase they enjoy your music and the fact that you mention that fans neighborhood/High School in alot of your rhymes don't brush them off like they are a groupie and/or on your dick. Atleast acknowledge them because without fans who would come to your show? If you all are wondering who I am talking about it is no other than Naledge from Kidz in the Hall. Next time try being humble because if I didn't like your music, I would be liable to spark you. (You know how we do in the Chi!!)

No comments: